WOMEN'S RESOURCE AND ACTION CENTER
Jump to giving opportunities
At the Women's Resource and Action Center, we provide a combination of useful direct service programs and powerful activism to create social change.
Your support is key in enabling us to respond to direct need with a vision to change the world. Thank you for considering a gift to WRAC!
Private support from friends like you ensures that:
- Educational workshops like the Social Change Training Program are available to all community members.
- Iowa Women Initiating Social Change continues to train young women in direct-action organizing, the creation of educational campaigns, and public policy work.
- Iowa N.E.W. Leadership Institute -- a non-partisan program with the goal of increasing women's representation at all levels of government and public service.
- Meaningful support and discussion groups are offered at a low cost.
- Diversity Dialogue Circles help individuals increase their ability to talk about difference, across difference, and to create respectful, positive environments for study, work, and community.
- Counseling services assist those in need without concern for their ability to pay.
- Do-it-yourself legal kits are available to people who cannot afford to hire an attorney for name changes or to establish power of attorney.
- The Men's Anti-Violence Council works to reduce gender-based violence on campus and in the surrounding community.
- The collection of the Sojourner Truth Library provides current books and features up-to-date information relevant to the lives of women in our community.
- And so much more!
We invite you to join us in this most exciting and meaningful work by making a financial contribution. Each gift to the Women's Resource and Action Center makes a tremendous difference in the lives of the people we serve and the communities we seek to improve and enrich.
Other contribution options:
- Authorize the automatic transfer of funds from your checking or savings account each month. Complete an EFT form.
- UI employees may contribute to WRAC via payroll withholding. Complete a payroll withholding form.